Stone County Correctional Facility
1420 Industrial Park Road, Wiggins, Mississippi 39577
Stone County Correctional Facility Visiting Information:
At all times while on the grounds of the Mississippi Department of Corrections a visitor is subject to search of his person, vehicle, personal property, or any/all items one may have in his possession. Guns, knives, ammunition, alcohol, drugs, weapons, or any instrument or tool that may be used as a weapon, or any other items declared by the institution to be contraband are strictly forbidden. Contraband will be confiscated and violators will be prosecuted.
Visitors are required to park their vehicles in the designated parking area.
Visitors are prohibited from taking personal property or articles of any kind into the institution, with the following exceptions:
1. Visitors may have a maximum of $20 in coin. Visitors seeing RID facility will not be allowed to have any money. A change machine is provided as a courtesy to those visitors wishing to use the vending machines in the visiting rooms. The change machines are located in the entrance buildings at Area-I, Area-II, and Area-III.
2. All paper currency must be converted to coin prior to admission to the visiting room. Any visitors found with paper currency in their possession in the visiting room will have their visit terminated and may be subject to suspension of future visiting privileges.
3. Visitors with infants may have one diaper bag with up to two diapers, and one bottle, one change of baby clothes, and any necessary medications for the infant. All diaper bags will be thoroughly searched. Visitors may use a clear see-through diaper bag to make for easier searches.
4. Visitors who are on any kind of prescribed medication may have the necessary dosage in their possession. However, all prescribed medicine must be kept at the front desk.
5. All other articles and/or items of any kind are prohibited. Cameras, cell phone cameras, or any type of recording devices are not allowed on the grounds of the South Mississippi Correctional Institution. Visitors must leave beepers, wallets, purses, handbags, change purses, and all other non-allowable items locked in one of the visitor lockers provided in the entrance building for Area I or lock them in their vehicles.
The visitation rooms are designated as non-smoking areas.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal possessions belonging to visitors while they are in or on the grounds of the institution.
Visitors will only be permitted to visit one offender unless they are related (immediate family) to another offender. Visitors who claim immediate family relationship to an offender may be required to provide verifiable proof of relationship.
Visitors under the age of eighteen (18) may visit, but must have on file with the institution the written permission of their parent or guardian. MINORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
All visitors fourteen (14) years of age and older must have photographic identification
Visitors who claim to be the spouse of an offender must provide a valid certified copy of their marriage license, as well as the location where the marriage took place (state, county, city); name of the church, courthouse, etc., where the ceremony was performed; and if possible the name of the person who performed the ceremony.
Persons on probation, parole, or other forms of conditional release will not be permitted to visit an offender unless a verifiable family relationship can be established, and then only with the written approval of the Superintendent.
No more than five (5) persons (including babies/children) will be permitted to visit an offender at one time.
General Population Units – Saturday or Sunday, 0800 – 1400 hours. Each unit has its own assigned visitation days.
Special Treatment Units (STU) – First Saturday or Third Sunday, 1600 – 1700 hours.
· Maximum Security (“C” Custody) – 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday from 1600 – 1700 hours. “C” Custody offenders will be restricted to non-contact visits only. Visits must be limited to two hours and prearranged by appointment.
· Maximum Security (“D” Custody) – Except for attorney visits, offenders in “D” Custody will receive NO visitors.
· Because of space limitation, persons visiting STU offenders are limited to no more than two adults and one child or one adult and two children at a time.
· Punitive Isolation – Punitive isolation offenders are not permitted to receive visits.
RID offenders - 0800 – 1200 hours. 1 & 2 Phase offenders visit on the 1st and 3rd Saturday, 3 & 4 Phase offenders visit on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month.