Holmes Correctional Institution Visitor Information & Inmate Locator- Prison Inmate Search

Holmes Correctional Institution

Holmes Correctional Institution

3142 Thomas Drive, Bonifay, Florida 32425

Phone :
(850) 547-8700
Website :
Inmate Locator :
Security Level :

Holmes Correctional Institution Visiting Information:

The Florida department of correction encourages friends and family members of inmates who serve as good roles models to communicate and visit with an inmate. This can help the inmate in the rehabilitation process, and eventually with his or her reintegration back into society. Below are some things you should know, and important forms you will need to fill out if you are planning on visiting an inmate incarcerated in a Florida penitentiary.

You must be on the inmate's approved visitation list prior to visiting. One should fill visiting application form and the form is available in English and Spanish. Completed application (DC6-111A) should be mailed to the Classification Department at the inmate's current location. In other words mail the completed inmate visiting application to the mailing address above. Visiting Hours are as follows:
Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (8:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time).
Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. (7:15 a.m. CST) on both days.
Visitors will not be processed after 2:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m. CST) unless authorized by the duty warden.
Visitors will be allowed to park in designated spaces no earlier than 7:30 a.m. EST and 6:30 a.m. CST on visiting days

Florida Department of Corrections requires appropriate dress for visitation. Clothes should not be revealing.

Holmes Correctional Institution Additional information:

Florida Department of Corrections Information for Holmes Correctional Institution:

Type of Housing Units:
Open Bay Housing Units 7
Cell Housing Units 1
Room Housing Units 0
Maximum Capacity 1,185
Other Information:
Population Gender Male
Adult or Youthful Adult
Facility Level 4
Self Contained Housing Units Yes
Designated Confinement Space Yes
Custody Grades Close, Medium, Minimum, Community
Medical Grades 1 through 3
Psychological Grades 1 through 2
Wheelchair Capabilities No
Hearing Impaired Capabilities No


No time limit unless space availability is limited.

Have a Question/Comment about Holmes Correctional Institution ?

Please be respectful (Terms of Service Rules)

8 Responses to Holmes Correctional Institution

  1. mark thompson February 23, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

    i would like to send an inmate some money how do i do that

    • PrisonPath February 23, 2013 at 10:55 pm #


      Read below the information for sending money and click the link to the prison’s web site for additional information.

      The funds must be in the form of a money order, cashier’s check, or a certified bank draft–DO NOT SEND CASH. The funds should be made payable to the Inmate Trust Fund along with the name and DC#.

      Please note: If the inmate is housed at the following private facilities or county jails you can send the funds directly to that facility and do not need to request or send this deposit form:
      Bay C.F.
      Blackwater C.F.
      Bradenton Transition Ctr.
      Bridges of Jacksonville
      Bridges of Orlando
      Bridges of Pompano
      Franklin County Jail
      Gadsden C.F.
      Graceville C.F.
      Lafayette County Jail
      Lake City C.F.
      Largo Re-Entry Ctr.
      Moore Haven C.F.
      Orlando Transition Center
      Pompano Transition Center
      Re-Entry Ctr. of Ocala
      Reality House
      Shisa House East
      Shisa House West
      Suncoast WRC
      South Bay C.F.
      Transition House Inc. KISS
      Washington County Jail

      Obtain a copy of the DC2-303, Deposit Form.

      Send one of the above types of funds and the completed Deposit Form to:

      Florida Department of Corrections
      Inmate Trust Fund
      Centerville Station
      P.O. Box 12100
      Tallahassee, FL 32317-2100

      In addition, you may also send funds by wire transfer using Western Union’s “Quick Collect Service” or JPay’s Correctional Payment Service. Below are instructions for sending funds using each service. Western Union “Quick Collect” service and JPay’s Correctional Payment Service are not available for inmates housed at the Private Institutions listed above in 2. A.

      To ensure that funds are sent properly and to the correct inmate, please allow 48 hours after the inmate has arrived to send funds via wire transfer. Note: This is only necessary when the inmate is transferred to the Florida Department of Corrections for the first time.

      Western Union “Quick Collect” Service:

      To send funds in Person:
      Visit westernunion.com

      Visit a Western Union Agent. To locate a Western Union Agent Location in your area, call 1-800-325-6000. When you complete the Blue Quick Collect Form (at the Agent Location) you must include the following information.

      Pay To: FL Dept. of Corrections
      Code City: FLDOC
      State: FL
      Account Number: 123456DOE
      (DC Number and Last Name, no periods or commas)
      Attention: DOE, JOHN
      (Inmate Last Name, First Name)

      The transaction fee is based on the amount sent with a minimum charge of $8.95 up to a maximum charge of $11.95. (Maximum amount allowed to send is $5,000.)

      To send funds by Telephone:

      Contact Western Union Quick Collect at 1-800-634-3422. (Press 2 to send Q/C payment using a credit card.)

      The transaction fee is based on the amount sent with a minimum charge of $6.95 up to a maximum charge of $12.95. (Maximum amount allowed to send is $300.)

      To send funds by Internet:

      Logon to http://www.westernunion.com. Go to the heading titled “Send Online Now” and then click “Make Payments.”

      The transaction fee is based on the amount sent with a minimum charge of $4.95 to a maximum charge of $10.95. (Maximum amount allowed to send is $300.)

      Funds sent before 8:00 PM EST, any day of the week, will be posted to inmate’s account the next day.

      To check on a deposit, call the Western Union Customer Service at 1-800-238-5772.

      Flyers with this information are also available in the visiting park at each Institution.

      JPay Correctional Payment Service:

      To send funds by Telephone:Visit jpay.com
      Contact JPay at 1-800-574-5729 and request to send funds to a Florida Department of Corrections inmate.
      Caller provides inmate’s name and DC number and amount they wish to send. The transaction fee is based on the amount sent with a minimum charge of $5.95 up to a maximum charge of $12.95. (Maximum amount allowed to send by phone is $300.)
      Caller gives JPay their credit/debit card number and JPay completes the transaction.

      To send funds by Internet:
      Log on to http://www.jpay.com.
      Sender registers on the website and then follows the on-line prompts.
      Sender inputs debit/credit card information and JPay completes the transaction. The transaction fee is based on the amount sent with a minimum charge of $4.95 up to a maximum charge of $11.95. (Maximum amount allowed to send over the internet is $300.)

      To send funds in person:
      Visit a MoneyGram Agent. (Wal-Mart and Albertson�s are the main agent locations for MoneyGram)
      To locate an office near logon on to http://www.moneygram.com
      Please provide JPay�s receive code 5188
      The fee for sending funds is $8.95

      Visit an ACE Cash Express Office
      To locate an office near you call toll free 1-888-753-2384 or logon to http://www.acecashexpress.com
      The fee for sending funds is $7.00

      Funds sent before 8:00 PM EST, any day of the week, will be posted to the inmate’s account the next day.

  2. Lisa Roberts October 12, 2013 at 1:27 am #

    I want to add money to my sons books for a phone call. Also how can I get a member of clergy to look in on my son its been long time since I heard from him.

    • PrisonPath October 12, 2013 at 2:40 pm #

      Hi Lisa,

      We recommend contacting the prison chaplain for assistance regarding your son. For sending money to your son.s account, go to our prison page for Holmes Correctional Institution and click their general information for sending money to your son.s account.

  3. salina bradley November 11, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

    can not wait until don da da is home

  4. Loretta Yurdakul November 23, 2013 at 3:37 am #

    If a relative is on the visitor list, and has visited before, is it necessary to mail the form DC6-111A before visiting again? This question is in reference to IMAGENE LANE who will be visiting Russell Smith on Sunday, Dec 1st.

    • PrisonPath November 23, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

      Hi Loretta,

      For specific information about an inmate, we recommend calling directly the facility. For information about prison life, read
      25 Rules.

  5. LaQuita Duncan February 12, 2019 at 8:02 pm #

    I sent package to my family and it got sent back. They are saying that they don’t like the envelope it came in. The envelope was one of the yellow/brown one and it had the bobble wrap in it the protect the document inside. I sent between $4 to $5 dollars to make sure he receive it only for it to come back to me. $4/5$5 may not mean nothing to them but it means a lot to me. Now if they are going to be picky about an envelope then I suggest they specify on their website on what the do’s and the don’t on how an inmate should receive their love ones letter specifying what kind of envelope.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes