Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women
30 COUNTY ROUTE 513, CLINTON, New Jersey 08809
Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women Visiting Information:
Rules and regulations for visiting an offender are as follows:
1. The offender is responsible for submitting a list containing names and addresses of
2. If you wish to be included on an offender's visit list, you must contact the offender in
writing. You must wait until the offender notifies you that you have been approved to
3. The following persons may be approved to visit an offender:
- close friends;
- clergy; and
- persons who may have a constructive influence.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit unless accompanied by an
4. Attorney visits require at least 24-hour advance notice to ensure the availability of
space, staff, and the offender.
5. Visiting and registration times for this facility are:
Monday, Thursday 6:30 - 7:30 PM 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Saturday 12:30 - 1:30 PM 1:00 - 3:30 PM
Wednesday, Friday 6:30 - 7:30 PM 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Saturday 8:30 - 9:30 AM 9:00 - 11:00 AM
6. Visitors must present photo identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification
- a current photo driver's license;
- a current photo Welfare/Medicaid card;
- an employment photo ID; or
- a current passport.
7. Space permitting, the maximum number of permissible visitors for an offender of this
facility is 6 (no more than 3 adults.)
8. Visitors may only bring a money order or certified check to the facility for deposit in
an offender’s account. Cash and other gifts will not be accepted.
9. In accordance with NJAC 10A:18-6.14, all visitors, their belongings, and their
vehicles are subject to searches while on the premises.
10. Children must be supervised during the visit.
11. Visitors must stay the entire visit period (2 hours.)
Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women Additional information:
Administrator: Valerie Arthur
Year opened: 1913
Population as of 1/1/2013: 780
Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women houses state-sentenced female offenders. The prison provides a campus-like setting with housing units and various support buildings. In terms of security designation, there are two compounds – minimum and maximum/medium. There is a third housing compound for inmates with varying classifications of special mental health needs. Programming includes counseling as well as education and vocational opportunities.