Monday: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Tuesday: CLOSED Wednesday: CLOSED Thursday: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Friday: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Saturday: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Sunday: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM In order to be assured of at least a one-hour visit, visitors should arrive no later than 2:00 p.m. Visitors will not be admitted if they arrive later than 2:45 p.m.
SCI-Dallas is located on Follies Road, Jackson Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, It is approximately 12 miles Northwest of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
1. FROM THE PHILADELPHIA AREA – Turnpike (Northeastern Extension) North – get off at Wilkes-Barre Interchange (exit 36). Turn left onto Route 11 North to Wilkes-Barre. Go on Route 115 to Route 309 North (North Cross Valley Expressway) to Dallas. When 55 mile zone changes to 35 mile zone you will see Wasserotts Medical Supply on the left hand side of the road. The road becomes winding, approximately 1 mile on the road you turn left onto Hillside Road. Where you turn left there is a Used Car Lot on the right side and on the left side there is a Hondo and Yamaha Dealer. Proceed 4.3 miles to Huntsville Nursery. Bear left on Jackson Road 2.1 miles to Follies Road. Turn left at intersection. Institution is on right.
2. FROM THE HARRISBURG AREA – Take I-81 North. Continue on I-81 to Nanticoke Exit (Exit 44). Proceed on 4 lane highway exactly 6.2 miles. At STOP sign merge with Route 11 South (2 lane highway). Proceed 1.1 miles on Route 11 to right hand turn onto Route 29 North. Continue on Route 29, 3.1 miles to Smith Pond Road (Institutional sign on left side of road). Turn right onto Smith Pond Road and go 2.1 miles to “T” turn. Turn right, travel approximately 1 mile to corssroads, here make a sharp right hand turn. You are now on institution property.
3. FROM TUNKHANNOCK – Take 29 South to 309 South. Proceed to traffic light at Center Hill Road, Dallas. Turn right and go to second intersection. Turn left onto Lake Street and proceed through the next traffic light. Take the first right (Huntsville Road) proceed 2.2 miles around the reservoir to stop sign.
4. FROM REDROCK – 118 East to Old Route 118 (right turn at sign to Penn State Wilkes-Barre Campus). Travel 2.5 miles and make an immediate right before Huntsville Nursery. Travel 2.1 miles to Follies Road, turn left and Institution on right side of road.
5. FROM THE WILKES-BARRE/SCRANTON AIRPORT – Take Route 81 South to Wilkes-Barre Exit 47B. Continue to 309 North and proceed as in part 1.
6. FROM THE ROUTE 80 AND ROUTE 81 INTERSECTION – Take Route 81 North to the Nanticoke Exit 44 approximately 12 miles and proceed as in Part 2
No time limit unless space availability is limited.