Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC) Visitor Information & Inmate Locator- Prison Inmate Search

Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC)

Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC)

7000 H C Kelley Rd., Orlando, Florida 32831

Phone :
(407) 207-7777
Website :
Inmate Locator :
Security Level :

Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC) Visiting Information:

The Florida department of correction encourages friends and family members of inmates who serve as good roles models to communicate and visit with an inmate. This can help the inmate in the rehabilitation process, and eventually with his or her reintegration back into society. Below are some things you should know, and important forms you will need to fill out if you are planning on visiting an inmate incarcerated in a Florida penitentiary.

You must be on the inmate's approved visitation list prior to visiting. One should fill visiting application form and the form is available in English and Spanish. Completed application (DC6-111A) should be mailed to the Classification Department at the inmate's current location. In other words mail the completed inmate visiting application to the mailing address above. Visiting Hours are as follows:
Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (8:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time).
Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. (7:15 a.m. CST) on both days.
Visitors will not be processed after 2:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m. CST) unless authorized by the duty warden.
Visitors will be allowed to park in designated spaces no earlier than 7:30 a.m. EST and 6:30 a.m. CST on visiting days.

DDirections from Florida Department of Corrections:The facility is 10 miles east of the Orlando International Airport on SR-528 (Beeline).

Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC) Additional information:

Money Orders

As of July 1st, 2013, all money orders must be made payable to JPay and sent with a deposit slip to JPay, P.O. Box 260010, Hollywood, FL 33026. Effective October 1, 2013 money orders sent to the DOC Central Office in Tallahassee will be returned to sender. Funds will be available to the inmate within ten business days - though JPay will make every effort to make funds available sooner. Please note the $0.50 bank processing fee will still be assessed by the Florida Department of Corrections for a money order deposited to the inmate's account.


No time limit unless space availability is limited.

Have a Question/Comment about Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC) ?

Please be respectful (Terms of Service Rules)

21 Responses to Central Florida Reception Center (CFRC)

  1. Debi Tamsett August 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm #

    Ate you allowed to vist inmates @ CFRC -7000 H.C.KELLEY RD.Orlando,Florida

    • PrisonPath August 29, 2012 at 1:42 pm #


      CFRC encourages visitation. The requirements for visitation are listed on their web site including the visitation schedule. Go to our listing for CFRC under Florida state prisons for additional information.

  2. Alisa Griffin October 24, 2012 at 11:19 pm #

    Where do we request visitation forms??????

  3. Alisa Griffin October 24, 2012 at 11:20 pm #

    Can you still visit a inmate for you got out of prison one year ago????

  4. Mrs. Ruffin March 9, 2013 at 8:26 pm #

    How can an inmate make calls from CFRC?

    • PrisonPath March 9, 2013 at 10:17 pm #

      Hi Mrs. Ruffin,

      Please note the following information from Central’s web site.
      By Phone:

      Incoming telephone calls for offenders will not be accepted. In the event of family emergency (such as serious illness or death in the family) you may contact the chaplain’s office. The chaplain will notify the offender.

      Offenders, except those in administrative confinement, disciplinary confinement, close management or on death row are allowed to make collect telephone calls. Offenders are allowed to place up to 10 telephone numbers on their authorized phone list. If the offender has not placed your number on the list, he or she cannot call you.

      Offenders can change their phone list every six months. There are two exceptions to this policy:

      If someone already on the list changes his or her phone number, the offender can have the new number placed on the list.
      If an offender gets married, he or she can have the spouse added to the list.

      All telephone calls are limited to 10 minutes and are subject to monitoring (except legal counsel).

  5. Angel June 7, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

    my fiance was sentenced to 2 life sentences he said he should go to the orlando reception center first , is this the only reception center he may go to to or are there others ? Thank you , where can i get the form DC6-111A For visitation? again thank you

    • PrisonPath June 7, 2013 at 8:29 pm #

      Hi Angel,

      Please note the following information about visitation and applications form. For more information about what prison is like for an inmate and inmate survival, click this link.

      33-601.715 Visiting Application Initiation Process.
      (1) During the reception process, classification staff shall develop and maintain a computerized list of the inmate’s immediate family members for placement on the automated visiting record. Placement of a name on the automated visiting record in and of itself is not approval to visit.
      (2) The inmate shall be given up to fifteen copies of Form DC6-111A, Request for Visiting Privileges (https://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?NO=Ref-00812), and Form DC6-111B, Visitor Information Summary (https://www.flrules.org/gateway/reference.asp?NO=Ref-00813), within 24 hours after arrival at his or her permanent facility. Forms DC6-111A and DC6-111B are hereby incorporated. Copies of these forms are available from the Forms Control Administrator, 501 South Calhoun Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2500. The effective date of these forms is October 1, 2011. The inmate shall be responsible for sending the forms to each family member or friend twelve years of age or older whom the inmate wishes to be placed in his or her approved visiting record. Minors eleven years of age and younger are not required to submit Form DC6-111A until they reach 12 years of age.
      (a) Only visitors approved pursuant

  6. Angela Havens June 13, 2013 at 2:46 pm #

    Good morning I’m trying to visit my brother in prison, is there a limit to how many people can come it will be myself and my 6 kids. Do we have to make prior arrangements to see him like a visitation list or do we just show up. Also how can I get a number to call to see if everybody is approved. Thank you for your time.

  7. Bryn Wittman November 15, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

    My best friend got to CFRC a week ago, I understand that one has to submit a copy of a cell/house phone bill before an inmate can call. My number is a $10 add-on line with AT&T so my bill isn’t in my name, is this a problem?

    • PrisonPath November 16, 2013 at 2:57 am #

      Hi Byn,

      You may have a problem since it is not in your name. We recommend calling the facility for confirmation.

  8. donna meador December 12, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

    How do i get my sons new inmate number so i can send mail and set up a money account for him ~ he was transferred yesterday and i have lost touch i called 407 207 7777 no answer please help

    • PrisonPath December 12, 2013 at 6:47 pm #

      Hi Donna,

      We have updated our link to locate an inmate and his ID. No. If you are unsuccessful, call the prison chaplain for assistance after trying the prison number again. Use the link to the prison web site on our prison page. The prison web site
      has information about mailing and sending money to an inmate.

  9. jose December 30, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

    Good morning,

    Can I hire a lawyer that speaks spanish? can I get a translator to come to court?


  10. Veronica Stanton July 29, 2014 at 6:35 pm #

    My son Kevin Tallant 140941 is now in CFRC. We have filled out the visitation forms over two weeks ago. I have been trying to reach classification to check on our status. I have not been able to get an answer on your phone. I would appreciate anything you could do to help me find out where we stand. The names of visitors are listed below. Please email our visitation status to me at ladybugroni@yahoo.com. Once again thank you for helping us, and have a great day.

    Veronica Stanton
    Walter Stanton
    Kayla Tallant
    11730 24th Street, Live Oak, Fl. 32060

    • PrisonPath July 29, 2014 at 11:51 pm #

      Hi Veronica,

      prisonpath.com is a private web site and is not part of or affiliated with any government entity or prison. We recommend contacting the prison chaplain for help.

  11. Amparo vazquez January 15, 2016 at 4:44 am #

    My question is are the inmates aloud to write to the family. I’ve been told it could be up to 3 months before we will hear from him.

  12. PrisonPath January 15, 2016 at 9:40 pm #

    Hi Amparo,

    E months sounds excessively long. You can e-mail the prison administration for more specific information regarding this prison–

    central.classification @mail.dc.state.fl.us

  13. Trish M April 2, 2016 at 12:49 am #

    How long does phone approval take at CFRC. Cell phone bill was given to officer 3 weeks ago and faxed to them 10 days ago. Account is open with money on it. Same cell phone number for 5 years, not prepaid a regular T-Mobile account. I call and get different answers everytime.

  14. Lisa C May 2, 2016 at 1:15 pm #

    My son is being sentenced to state prison tomorrow. I have a few questions that I can’t find anywhere.

    How soon will they move him to the reception center?
    How long are they usually at the reception center before being placed?
    I can visit at the reception center?

    Is he allowed to have a religious item necklace? Example Jewish Star or tree of life pendent? If so how do I get it to him before he goes?

    My son has always been religious (Jewish) – how can we try to encourage they place him where there are Jewish services? I noticed looking at all of the facility not many of them have Jewish Services.

    He has money in his canteen at county jail – will that get transferred with him?

    Is there someone I can actually talk to that may be able to answer the million questions I have that I can’t find the answer to online?

  15. PrisonPath May 3, 2016 at 12:24 pm #

    Hi Lisa,

    Regarding the religious questions, I recommend calling the prison Chaplain’s Office
    (407) 208-8284. I personally do not recommend any religious stars, crosses, etc. It is one more item that another inmate may want for his own, but discuss it with the Chaplain. Almost all state prisons are not concerned with which prison will have the appropriate service for the inmate. When I was at state prison, we had 3-5 that would come to service and the inmates ran the service.

    Usually, it takes most state prisons 2-3 weeks to do an assessment and placement. Again, the prison Chaplain at the facility would probably be the most helpful.

Leave a Reply

Connect with Facebook


Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes