Rules and regulations for visiting an offender are as follows:
1. The offender is responsible for submitting a list containing names and addresses of
2. If you wish to be included on an offender's visit list, you must contact the offender in
writing. You must wait until the offender notifies you that you have been approved to
3. The following persons may be approved to visit an offender:
- close friends;
- clergy; and
- persons who may have a constructive influence.
- children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit unless accompanied by an
adult family member.
4. Attorney visits require at least 24-hour advance notice to ensure the availability of
space, staff, and the offender.
5. Visiting and registration times for this facility are:
Saturday, Sunday 6:15 - 7:15 AM 7:30 - 9:45 AM
10:00 - 11:00 AM 11:15 AM - 1:30 PM
6. Visitors must present photo identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification
- a current photo driver's license;
- a current photo Welfare/Medicaid card;
- an employment photo ID; or
- a current passport.
7. Space permitting, the maximum number of permissible visitors for an offender of this
facility is 6.
8. Visitors may only bring a money order or certified check to the facility for deposit in
an offender’s account. Cash and other gifts will not be accepted.
9. In accordance with NJAC 10A:18-6.14, all visitors, their belongings, and their
vehicles are subject to searches while on the premises.
10. Further visit information is posted at the facility. Complete policies and procedures
may be obtained through an Open Public Records Request
Bayside State Prison Additional information:
Bayside State Prison is situated on approximately 1,148 acres of woods and farmland in rural South Jersey, approximately 17 miles south of Vineland/Millville. The prison complex consists of three operational units, which includes a satellite unit at Ancora. A full range of employment opportunities exists for the inmates. Educational and vocational training, medical and dental care, psychiatric, psychological, and social services are available and offer a variety of rehabilitation programs.
No time limit unless space availability is limited.