Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) – Schuylkill Visiting Information:
Visiting Times: Regular visiting for the FCI will be conducted Thursday through Sunday, and Federal holidays, 8:30 AM through 3:00 PM. Camp visiting will be conducted on weekends and Federal holidays only, 8:30 AM through 3:00 PM. All visitors will be out of the Visiting Room by 3:30 PM. No inmate visitors will be permitted to enter the facility to begin a visit after 2:30 PM. During weekends and holidays, all inmate traffic to and from the Visiting Room will be terminated at 9:30 AM in preparation for the 10:00 AM official count.
Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) – Schuylkill Additional information:
GENERAL FUNCTIONS OF UNIT STAFF
1. Unit Manager: The Unit Manager is the administrative head of the unit and oversees all unit programs and activities. He/She is a Department Head at the institution and has a close working relationship with other departments and personnel. The Unit Manager is the "Chairperson" of the team, reviews all team decisions, and ordinarily chairs the Unit Discipline Committee.
2. Case Manager: The Case Manager is responsible for all casework services and prepares classification material, progress reports, release plans, correspondence and other materials relating to the inmate's commitment. He/She is responsible to the Unit Manager and to the Case Management Coordinator (a specialized department head who provides technical assistance to unit staff in case management issues and concerns with reference to specialized training and duties). The Case Manager serves as a liaison between the inmate, the administration and the community. The Case Manager is ordinarily a member of the Unit Discipline Committee.
3. Counselor: The Counselor provides counseling and guidance for the inmates of the unit in areas of institutional adjustment, personal difficulties and plans for the future. He/She plays a leading role in all segments of unit programs. The Counselor is the individual to approach for daily problems. All inmate cell changes will be approved by the Counselor. Cell assignments may be changed for poor sanitation, security or disciplinary reasons, or refusal to participate in the inmate Financial Responsibility Program (FRP). The Counselor is ordinarily a member of the Unit Discipline Committee.
4. Unit Secretary: The Unit Secretary performs clerical and administrative duties within the unit and assists in the day to day operations of the unit.
5. Unit Correctional Officers: The Unit Correctional Officers have direct responsibility for the dayto-day supervision of inmates and the enforcement of rules and regulations. They have safety, security and sanitation responsibilities in the unit. Unit Correctional Officers are in regular contact with inmates and may have positive effects on inmates' adjustment within the housing unit. Unit Correctional Officers are jointly supervised by the Unit Manager and the Captain during their unit assignments.
No time limit unless space availability is limited.
Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) – Schuylkill Description:
The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) - Schuylkill in Minersville, Pennsylvania, is a medium security facility housing male offenders. An adjacent minimum security satellite prison camp also houses male offenders.
FCI Schuylkill is located in north-central Schuylkill County, 15 miles northwest of Pottsville, 46 miles north of Harrisburg, and 175 miles north of Washington, D.C.