Inmate Visitation 1. Each inmate shall be allowed to have two (2) twenty-five (25) minute visits per week. Each inmate shall be allowed to have six (6) approved visitors. An inmate shall be allowed to have one (1) visitor at any one time.
2. Visiting week will start on Monday. Twenty-five (25) minutes will be allowed for each visit. This may be extended or shortened at the discretion of the supervisor on duty.
Jail 3. Picture identification with address is required of all visitors.
4. No visitors will be allowed under the age of eighteen (18). Any violations will result in the termination of the visit.
5. A visitor application is available at the request of the inmates. The visitor form must be totally completed with visitor’s name, address, date of birth, phone number, and relationship to the inmate. Incomplete forms will be returned to the inmate. To request to become a visitor on an inmate’s list, please write a letter to that inmate at: Dubuque County Jail 770 Iowa St Dubuque, IA 52001
Public Visitation Phones 6. Jail visitation days are: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM & 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Holidays are non-visiting days due to office hours being closed. ˆTo set up a visit please call 563-589-4420 ext. 2 between 5pm-10pm the night BEFORE you wish to visit (Sunday-Thursday).
7. Visits shall be allowed to members of the immediate family (at least 18 years of age), which includes the following: Spouse, children, father, mother, legal guardian, sisters, brothers, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, or friend. Jail 8. Denial of visits is at the discretion of jail administration.
9. The general rules for visitation in this section do not affect visits by attorneys or members of the clergy.
10. Inmate visitation is a privilege and may be suspended at any time.
11. When coming to visit please come to 855 Central Ave in Dubuque, IA. Cell phones and cameras are not permitted in the visitation area. Any violators will be responsible for the termination of the visit.
Dubuque County Jail Additional information:
Inmate Mail 1. All mail can be sent to: Dubuque County Jail
Dubuque County Jail Inmate’s Name 770 Iowa St Dubuque, IA 52001
2. If you are sending mail to an inmate, please write your full name and address in the upper left corner of the envelope. Failure to do so will result in the inmate not receiving their mail until they are released from jail.
3. All books and magazines must be sent directly from a publisher or bookstore to be allowed into the jail. Any books or magazines sent outside of these senders will be denied.
4. No mail can be dropped off at Law Enforcement Center. It will be denied.
5. Money orders and cash are accepted in inmate mail and will be credited towards that inmate’s account.
6. Up to four (4) pictures may be sent in inmate mail– no Polaroid type and cannot be larger than 3”x5”. Anything else will be placed in the inmates property until release.
7. Incoming and outgoing letters, to you and from you, may be opened and inspected for contraband, or other matters concerning security, safety and control.
8. No mail will be given to inmates that smell of perfume or any other substances. Any violations of this, or contraband of any kind in a letter, will result in the denial of the letter.
9. With the exception of legal mail, all in-coming and out-going mail is read by jail staff for the safety and security of the inmates and staff.
No time limit unless space availability is limited.